How to use and care for shoes
- Always remove mud and dirt from shoes with a damp cloth and allow to dry naturally, away from direct heat (heater) before cleaning.
- Wet shoes should be stuffed with newspaper to hold their shape while drying.
- Clean shoes with a quality cleaner, SILPOL is a silicone cream that will clean and soften all shoes with smooth uppers.
- For a quick fix on leather and synthetic shoes remove dirt and restore shine with Shucare Instant Brilliant Shine polishing sponge.
- Protect suede and nubuck with a water and stain protector spray; several light sprays are more effective than one heavy spray.
- Soiled suede and nubuck should be washed and dried as above and then use a stiff brush or light sandpaper to rough up the surface.
- Work boots in a heavier leather are best protected with a liberal coat of DUBBIN.
- Dirty work boots need to be cleaned with a damp cloth, dry naturally away from direct heat (heater) and when dry apply a liberal coat of dubbin to restore the oils to the leather.
- Suede work boots should be cleaned with a stiff brush, then apply a few light sprays of water and stain protector.